Job Opportunities: International Development and Relief Foundation (IDRF) Community Engagement Coordinator – Quebec – Toronto, ON
Full-time position (37.5 hours)
Reporting directly to the Eastern Canada Regional Director, the Quebec Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for implementing IDRF’s organizational vision and developing its strategic presence through three key areas:
- Establish and strengthen IDRF presence in the region
- Donor culture and management
- Fund raising
The abilities and strengths needed for this position are specific and require a self-directed and engaging disposition. This role is dependent on having a high level of organization and commitment to the overall strategic direction of the IDRF and meeting the needs of the community.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Relationship building and fundraising
- Be able to educate donors, mosques and other groups on the work of IDRF, including in-person meetings and presentations.
- Work with the Regional Director to achieve fundraising goals for the region through the implementation of IDRF campaigns and strategies.
- Ability to plan and organize events from A to Z, including reservations, set-up, decor, program, etc.
- Represent the IDRF at events in the region.
- Prepare and implement collections, fundraising initiatives and private events.
- Contribute to regional growth by meeting key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Travel and work effectively remotely across the region as needed for marketing, events, meetings and other engagements.
- Make deliveries to community members when needed and assist with any poster and flyer campaigns.
Communications & Marketing
- Respond to all inquiries from Francophone donors across the country by telephone and/or in writing, as required.
- Send follow-up communications to donors, partners and community members after meetings or as needed for campaigns and marketing
- Translate all IDRF documents, website and marketing materials into French.
- Help implement local marketing strategies and materials as needed, using social media, digital, print and other forms of media.
- Submit creative requests and translation work to the marketing team via the ASANA platform.
- Help build and maintain an active regional volunteer team(s) to support and implement IDRF activities in the region.
- Organize and lead team meetings as needed: Sending invitations, Finding and booking a meeting place, etc.
- Keep the volunteer database up to date: availability, contact details, etc.
- Help interview potential new volunteer recruits
- Take meeting minutes during the meeting, send a follow-up message, assign a task to team members.
- Find volunteers for campaigns, events and collections.
- Help keep storage facilities clean and organized by creating and maintaining inventory.
Finance and record keeping
- Maintain active and productive communication with your Regional Director and IDRF Headquarters, including maintenance and timely submission of financial records and tracking of all interactions for fundraising efforts through specific platforms .
- Organize and submit payment invoices, expense reimbursements and CC receipts to the IDRF finance department.
- Cash counting/Making deposits/Sending documents to head office.
- Issue donation acknowledgments (provisional receipts) at the request of the donor.
The ideal candidate for this important role should:
- Fully bilingual in French and English (written and spoken) and demonstrate strong translation skills.
- Demonstrate more than one year of similar experience demonstrating growth and fundraising success.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with community groups.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, both with individuals and in building teams.
- Demonstrate clear potential for professional growth and expansion of responsibilities.
- Have a commitment to ethical excellence in all dealings and work, enrich IDRF team culture and uphold IDRF values in the community.
- Have a solid understanding of religious gifts from an Islamic perspective and have connections with members of the Muslim community and mosques.
- Knowledge of task management and communication platforms such as Microsoft Office, Teams and Asana is a plus.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel regularly throughout the region.
- Flexible schedule, with the possibility of working during campaign seasons (such as Ramadan) and occasionally on weekends.